Look where our Avocet hat was seen! The photo was accompanied by a note from Cathryn and Robert Steeley:
“We hope you might recall selling one of your hats to a couple from England a couple of weeks ago and asking us to send you a photo of said hat when we got home? Well we got back safe and sound and have managed to take the attached photo of Robert standing by our village sign during the scarecrow festival this weekend just gone. We had a great time driving round the refuge and were impressed by the number of different species we could see. We hope everything goes well with the refuge and thank all the volunteers who have made it possible.”
Thank you, Cathryn and Robert. We hope to see you back at the Refuge some day!
Latest News from Kathi Stopher, the Visitor Services Manager at the Refuge:
REFUGE UPDATE – NOVEMBER 9, 2017
- Water update: The Bear River is holding steady at ~2,000 cfs. Water in Units 2A, 3A, and 3K are full/at target in northern Duckville area.
- Waterfowl Hunting closes January 20, 2018.
- ADA Hunt Blind for disabled access is by reservation only; please refer to Kathi
- Holiday Hours are as follows:
- Thanksgiving: WEC Closes at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 22 and Closed Nov. 23 – November 26.
- Christmas/New Year’s: WEC Closed Dec. 22, 2017 – Jan. 1, 2018. Open Saturday, Dec. 9, 10-4.
- Nina will be the Acting Visitor Services Manager for November 26-29 & December 5 – 21, 2017. Please go to her for any questions, concerns, or changes in scheduling.
- SONGSCAPE UPDATE! Conner will be finishing the song late November as will the videographer with the music video. They’re hoping everything comes together for a release date of January. What do you think about a “Release Party” when it comes out?
- Swan Aerial Counts by Utah DWR: Last count was over 10,000 on the Refuge. Copies of most recent surveys will be on the table under dry board.
- Winter Program Schedule:
- January 13, 2018: Owl Day, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- February 10, 2018: Eagle Day, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- March 10, 2018: Swan Day, Time TBD – This will be a special day for unveiling the NEW Wildlife Observation Tower!
Many thanks to each and every one of you ~ As we approach the final weeks of 2017, I can’t help but be impressed with the dedication, commitment, and talent found within our volunteer team… You really are the best!!! Here’s to you and a happy and healthy New Year! Thank you for all you do… Kathi & Nina
(And thanks to Kathi for keeping us updated on the latest changes at the Refuge!)